Monday, April 14, 2008

Where are you heading?

Existence.
- Defined by the online dictionary as a "state of being."

Life.
- Defined by the online dictionary as "the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction,and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally."

You may be finding it difficult for you to understand why I am writing about these two objects. The answer is not simple, nor complex. I mean I actually don't have a concrete, nailed to the floor answer for you. I just want you to pose your own questions to life. I ask YOU are you existing or are you living? After all, "in the end its not the years in your life that count, its the life in your years!" (Abraham Lincoln).

Are you standing back letting the days pass you by? Are you getting the daily dose of life you have always wanted? Are you doing the things you want to do in life before its to late? Are you a statue being subjected to mother nature getting weathered and frail?

"Listen don’t worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
never crossed your worried mind. Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what you want to do with your life. I know some pretty interesting 40 year olds who still don't know what they want to do (my aunt). Money does NOT = L.I.F.E. Enjoy your body, use it every way you can…don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own. Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on."

I recommend you Sing aloud....Dance....make a fool of yourself. Live!

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company…a church…or even a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that d ay. We cannot change our past…we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our attitudes!


No comments: